I’m guessing you clicked over to this site because you have some interest in real estate. You inherited some property. You’d like to buy a home of your own and stop renting. You need to sell to take advantage of a work opportunity in another place. Real Estate touches all our lives so intimately and we all have some questions and issues related to it! It’s questions are the big questions of life. Where do I want to live? To work? How do I build some security for my family in an insecure world?
Surfing the web will only get you just so far
You can learn a lot about buying and selling property online. Realtor.com offers some great articles addressing all kinds of questions.You can find all the properties you could ever hope to see online on Zillow, Realtor.com, tons of Realtor websites, and dozens of other property sites I’m forgetting the names of … property info is ubiquitous. You can find it everywhere!
So here you sit awash in a tidal wave of information about real estate. But what applies to your situation?
What are the local conditions? Seller’s market? Buyer’s market? What about the neighborhood you love? Anything you should know about it? Property tax rates? HOA fees?
And you want to sell, how do you know what to ask for your property? Did you know that sold prices are not public record in the state of Texas? All the prices you see online are asking prices not sold prices. How will market conditions affect negotiations? Should you start marketing your home now, or wait till a more opportune time?
This is the heart of the matter, and you will not find answers to these kinds of questions online.
A Local Real Estate Expert is the next step
Once you’ve got the basics online, more than the basics really, a real estate practitioner can be a good friend to you. I know you’re out there learning everyday, working out what you’d like to do. I’d like to be a part of making that plan you’re working on become a reality.
So feel free to hang out here on Life In Bastrop. Soak in all the Bastrop County and Rural East Austin properties for sale. Check out all my blog posts for both Buyers and Sellers of real estate. Learn more about all of our small towns, our neighborhoods, our vintage homes, our ranchettes, and our ranches.
If you think you may want to sell:
- Get a copy of my “To Sell or Not to Sell Checklist” to help work out the details of your decision.
- Have a look at your neighborhood on one of my neighborhood pages. Get a look at the properties yours will be in competition for buyers with.
- Check out my blog posts tagged for Sellers. Not too much there right now but I’m working on it!
- Always, always remember you can call, text or email me with any questions you come up against. I promise I will not misuse your contact info to harass you in any way.
If you know you must sell now absolutely let me know ASAP. I will put together a well documented Comparative Market Analysis for you. You will quickly know all you need to know to get this show on the road.
If you think you may want to buy:
- Start with my home search. It is a comprehensive list of properties currently for sale listed in the Austin MLS. Save your search so you will get email updates.
- Get in touch with someone to get pre-approved for your mortgage. If you need help locating someone call or email me and I will give you some suggestions.
- Get to know the neighborhoods the homes that attract your attention are in. Drive over if you can and have a look around.
- Once you have your pre-approval we can start scheduling appointments to view the properties you like in your price range.
If you find this site helpful drop me a line via email every now and again. I’m looking forward to hearing from you 🙂