It’s not news that IKEA offers quality house accessories for reasonably cheap prices. However, getting a bargain, more often than not, means getting less style and personality with what you buy. Thankfully, that lack of personality has become a major source of inspiration for many DIYers who created a phenomena known as “IKEA Hacks.” Here are some examples of IKEA Hacks that can make take your home from bland to astonishing without breaking the bank.
1. You can transform a LACK Shelf into something that looks more like a rustic, vintage wood shelf. Here’s the DIY.
2. Give your sofa a “leg up” with this DIY from The Blissful Bee.
3. Does your BILLY Bookcase give your nice home a cheap look? Let Centsational Girl show you how to turn it into something that does your house justice with this amazing makeover!
4. Take those EKBY shelves to the next level by spray painting the brackets any precious metal color of your choice.
5. Sugar and Cloth came up with this great tutorial on helping your Expedit unit stand out by adding some classy legging.
6. Is that LACK Table a little lacking? Spice it up with these cheap brass corners.
7. Make that KLUBBO Coffee Table a marvel with some marble contact paper. Poppytalk has the deets.
9. With some well painted wooden planks, and unique knobs, you can really add to hallways and other tight rooms with the floating kitchen cabinets. Here’s how.
10. NORRLIDA frames are perfect for creating your own fancy cork boards. Check out this DIY for the details.
11. VITTSJO Nesting Tables are pretty cool. However, if you add some gold spray paint and a little faux marble treatment, “pretty cool” quickly becomes “freaking amazing.”
12. RENS sheepskin rugs make those hardwood floors affordably comfortable. If your room is a good size, you can easily sew two together for maximum coziness. Feet rejoice!
14. Upgrading a Malm dresser can be as easy as strapping on the leather. I’m talking about leather handles here.
15. Looking to bond with your BONDIS wall clock? Strap it to the wall with a vintage belt for added visual appeal. See how here.
16. You can create this incredible sidebar from a NORNAS side table, with some handles, wheels, a shelf and paint job. The instructions are in Hungarian, so your browser may need to translate.
17. Make your sofa cute as a button with this tufting DIY.
20. The KALLAX shelving unit (formerly the sideways Expedit) can be transformed into a chic console. See how here.
21. You can even cover it with paint sticks for some extra style! Too see how this effect was created, check out this DIY.
22. Upgrade your FORHOJA kitchen cart to look like a professional, hardwood kitchen piece worth noticing.
23. What was IKEA thinking with their slipcovers? You put them on and they have enough wrinkles to make your great grandmother cringe. This DIY will save your eyes using a warm bottle of water and a little skill.
25. The GRUNDTAL mirror is an inexpensive, yet boring way to admire yourself. Do your vain side some justice with this appealing DIY.