Elgin is just close enough to Austin for a really great commute and just far enough away to maintain that small town Texas feel :-). This town has a special place in my heart. I lived here for 11 years and worked in North Austin for part of that time. Super easy to skip into North Austin on the new toll road that starts in Manor. Highway 290 has zero lights from that point on.
Subdivisions here include:
- Old Elgin – Everything from 100+ year old victorians to new construction to be found here. Most of this area is walkable to downtown Elgin’s shops and farmer’s market.
- The Arbors at Dogwood Creek – A small private gated community in the woods near Elgin TX. Easy drive down Highway 95 to Bastrop as well … just 10-15 minutes. Lots of gorgeous custom homes by builders like David Weekley.
- Shenandoah – A small neighborhood of homes built primarily in the early 2000’s.
- Elm Creek – Great commute into Austin on the new tollway from this location. Homes built primarily in the early 2000s.
- Cedar Hills – This neighborhood nestled in the woods has many custom homes built anywhere from the late 70s thru 2016. Most homes are on larger lots. Country feel but very close to town.
- Westwind – small neighborhood of homes built in the mid-2000s. A few streets were very recently completed in 2015.
- County Line – small neighborhood of homes built in the mid-2000s.
- Eagle’s Landing – small neighborhood of homes built in the mid-2000s. Some new construction happening in 2016.
- Saratoga Farms and Estates – new small square footage homes. Cute!